[Gllug] "We Linux users have been doing all that for 10 years."

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Thu Sep 27 13:13:09 UTC 2001

On 27 Sep 2001 14:04:24 +0100, Gordon Joly wrote:
> Also, in 1991 Linux had just been born.

That's probably why he said "for ten years", then.  :-)

I can vaguely see your point.  But he said that Linux users have been
doing something that Linux can do, and mentioned how long Linux has been
around.  Which I can't fault, personally.

What he does say is fine, but if one of us had written it we may have
spoken of UNIX.  And our editor may have told us to stick to Linux,
because $average{person} doesn't understand what UNIX is.  :) *shrug*

~C.

--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk