[Gllug] RE: [Glut] Official country code for Britain = GB or UK?

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 00:19:58 UTC 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Adrian McMenamin muttered drunkenly:
> On Monday 15 Apr 2002 11:41 pm, Nix wrote:
>
>> The largest domain over which the Internet as currently constituted will
>> be practical is a few light-seconds. So Earth/Luna, nearby space
>> habitats and currently nearby spacecraft could participate.
>>
> But given the amount of capacitance and cable in the network - the must be
> quite a few light seconds in it already?

There are, probably; but signals don't have to go down all the cables in
the Internet to get from point A to point B!

(I don't see what capacitance has to do with anything.)

--
`Unless they've moved it since I last checked, travelling between
 England and America does not involve crossing the equator.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk