[Gllug] bdflush

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Mon Apr 29 08:13:15 UTC 2002

> From: SteveC [mailto:steve at fractalus.com]
> Subject: [Gllug] bdflush
>
> the battery-powered mini howto notes I should slow down
> bdflush [DebianPPC
> 3.0] but I can't find it. locate just gives me a 2 manpage... Help?

It's a kernel process and the time between flushes can be adjusted by
changing some value in /proc (one of the ones in /proc/sys/vm/bdflush
perhaps?).  When I started this email I thought I could remember which one
it was :-(  It's in a book at home so if noone answers correctly before
tonight I'll dig it out and check.

> I heard a number of other gllugites have iBooks? Any tips on
> stopping it
> writing every 30 seconds to disk? :-)
>
> have fun,
>
> SteveC steve at fractalus.com fractalus.com/steve