[Gllug] X 4.2.0 and Matrox Millenium G550

Ian Baillie ibaillie at aladdinsystems.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 17:44:10 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I am running Suse 7.2 pro on a machine with a dual head Matrox Millenium G550
(using X 4.2.0).  If I plug in 2 monitors, this seems to work fine, but when
I fire up a program, e.g. kmail on the second monitor, it doesn't allow me to
type an email, or move the application around the screen.  A similar thing
happens with Konqueror.  Also, I cannot increase the number of desktops
(above 1).

However, if I login as root, both screens behave as they should, and I can
open applications on either monitor, and move them around, type emails, surf
the web, increase the number of desktops, etc.

I assume this is therefore a permissions issue, so would someone point me in
the right direction of what I need to do.

Kind Regards,

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk