[Gllug] European Health Systems

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Fri Apr 19 09:29:00 UTC 2002

Care to elaborate on this point:

> OK - these are over  a year old,
> and there is now use of digital certificates:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/23813.html

I'm just a bit curious. So far as my limited understanding goes edifact is a
pretty open protocol (freshmeat has only a reference to the ubiquitous Perl
module so far as free implementations go). There's not really any mention of
specific technologies in here, or even very much in the way of political
shuffling.

To my initial reading it just seems like a pretty standard,
technology-neutral, business decision. There's a Big Brother-ish electronic,
confidential records angle, but IMHO that's not a big feature of this
really.

What's your concern with it? Don't take this as a flame that it's not; I
just don't understand.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk