[Gllug] ADSL router recommendations?

Robert McKay robert at mckay.com
Wed Apr 24 11:30:54 UTC 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 tet at accucard.com wrote:

> >Usenet is about the only thing I can think of..

> Really? Is there anything worthwhile there any more? I stopped reading
> news around 1993/94 or so, when the amount of spam and generally poor
> signal to noise ratio made it pointless. Have things improved since
> then?

> Tet

It got so bad that everyone except the hardcore usenet geeks left and now
it's somewhat better again. It's certainly not perfect but if you compare
it to other online discussion forums ( /. being the obvious culprit )
usenet seems like an intellectual paradise.

-Rob

Play L.O.R.D. @ telnet://lord.mckay.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk