[Gllug] ADSL router recommendations?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Apr 24 12:29:51 UTC 2002

On 24/04/02, 11:53:09, will <will at hellacool.co.uk> wrote regarding Re:
[Gllug] ADSL router recommendations?:

> I would look at freedom2surf for ADSL.  I have plusnet at home, but
> despite a good start the speed has been less than impressive recently.
> I think they are adding a new 'fat pipe' (according to their support
> forums) but I don't know when this is going to happen.  Freedom2surf are
> cheaper too.

Freedom2surf are not taking new customers till a new pipe is put in
(sometime in the next 2 weeks).  The speed is good and their technical
staff are able but have a look at their website to see how minimal a
service they provide outside of the connection itself.
http://www.freedom2surf.net/

No complaints about the connection, even though they've had some routing
problems the last couple of days, but the reason they are cheap is
because they don't do much else.

All of the ADSL providers have been running up against bandwidth issues -
and BT's incompetence, of course.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk