[Gllug] I do not like this person

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Sun Apr 14 15:23:08 UTC 2002

will(will at hellacool.co.uk)@Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 11:51:47PM +0100:

> Quote from the back page of the magazine thing from the financial times
> on 13/04/02 (I don't read it, I found it on the tube):
>
> 'Far from bringing openness and co-operation to the world of IT, Linux
> enthusiasts want to keep it as closed as possible, while collecting
> lavish praise from half-baked anti-capitalists so they can feel
> important.  After all, if these geeks could write real software they'd
> be working for a proper company.  Like Microsoft.'
>
> 			Fiona Harvey
>
> that was from the end of her generally uncomplimentary article.  Whoah
> it made me mad, I don't know her but I don't like her.
>
> Dunno if it will come out on the FT.com site at all, but it doesn't seem
> to be there at the moment.

maybe it's not on the sight, because she opposes open source so much,
she cant bear to see her words served out to the world from a non MS
server.

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?mode_u=off&mode_w=on&site=www.ft.com

it might be worth pointing out that much of the internet she most
undountedly believes run on MS software actually doesnt.  infact, if it
did run on MS software her views might be somewhat different.

never trust a journo.  they only have their own self interests at heart,
and in many (but not all) situations this biases their views.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 You expect me to talk, Goldfinger?
 No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.