OT: Re: [Gllug] Digital TV ( rapidly becoming OT? )

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Mon Apr 29 13:53:37 UTC 2002

Ian Scott(ian.scott at mediasurface.com)@Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 02:41:10PM +0100:
> However, the whole idea of democracy is that they can only achieve (a) if they
> do what we want them to do (or, to put it more completely, manage to convince
> a sufficient number of those of us that feel strongly enough to vote that they
> are less bad than the alternatives).

well, i dont think we really live in a democracy.  America has the best
democracy [1]

> Also, if voters were all more rational, you'd think how well they ran the
> country would affect who we voted for - but sadly, the electorate seems quite
> keen to vote in whoever offers them the best service/tax ration (see b)
>
> So, in a roundabout way, it's all our fault.

possibly, but i reckon there maybe a few people out and about in london
a couple of days time with a different view point.

[1] that money can buy.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk