[OT] Re: [Gllug] RE: [Glut] Official country code for Britain = GB or UK? Now Way OT

Ben Harwood benguin at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Apr 14 23:35:03 UTC 2002

> On Monday 15 Apr 2002 12:10 am, Alain Williams wrote:
>

> > The one that that I remember is:
> >
> > An old soviet citizen was asked where he had lived in his long life:
> >
> > He replied: St Petersburg, Stalingrad & Leningrad.
> >
> > Which one did he prefer ?
> >
> > He replied: St Petersburg.
>
> Surely you mean:
>
> Comrade One: Where were you born?
>
> Comrade Two: St. Petersburg
>
> CO: Where did you get married?
>
> CT: Petrograd
>
> CO: Where do you live now?
>
> CT: Leningrad
>
> CO: And where do you hope to die?
>
> CT: St. Petersburg

Perhaps I'm being ignorant of historical russian humour, but all of the
jokes so far haven't even been close to being funny, and seem to be muddled
everytime. It seems that even when formulated correctly, I won't be needing
to sow my sides together afterwards. Perhaps I am missing something?

Ben Harwood
benguin at blueyonder.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk