[Gllug] What module does the Corega EtherII PCC-T pcmcia card use.

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Apr 30 12:16:43 UTC 2002

On Tue 30 Apr, Colin Murphy bloviated thus:
> I am trying to set up Debian on a laptop, and so I find myself without all
> of those friendly utilities that sort all the hardware out for me.
>
> So, once I have the module, how do I configure the network?  I thought I
> was to use 'netconfig' but that isnt installed.  Is there something else?

First, make sure you have an entry like:
alias eth0 somemodule

in a file in /etc/modutils/ (for more info, man modutils).

Run update-modules.

Edit /etc/network/interfaces (man interfaces for syntax).

ifup eth0

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until
you can find a rock.
- Will Rogers