[Gllug] Copy-protected CD's

Ian Baillie ibaillie at aladdinsystems.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 15:07:43 UTC 2002

Hmm...

I remember setting up a new iMac at work.  I put in an audio CD, which didn't
appear on the desktop, and caused the machine to freeze.  I had to force a
reboot, which the machine refused to do, and wouldn't allow me to eject the
CD either.  This was very annoying, as I had just installed the system on the
Mac and then put a CD in to test the speakers.  After an hour on the phone to
Apple, they ended up sending an Engineer out to remove it.  I then tried it
in a PC and an iBook, and eventhough they wouldn't read the CD, you could
eject it.

CD's should carry a label if they can't be played on a home computer, as this
is a legitimate use of the product.

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk