[Gllug] __bad_udelay in 2.4.18 compilation

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Sat Apr 27 18:57:59 UTC 2002

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> I am attempting to build a 2.4.18 kernel with pcmcia support and I am getting
> this error.
>
> A scan round google suggests this is "deliberate" but I can find no fixes and
> all the stuff seems to be about 2.2 kernels and the 2.4.0 kernel.

I'm using the 'external' PCMCIA stuff with 2.4.18, and it worked just fine.
Don't turn on the PCMCIA support in the kernel, get the packages from
pcmcis-cs.sf.net and (easiest) reboot to the new kernel then build the PCMCIA
stuff.  The modules install in /lib/modules, and a simple depmod should make
everything work reasonably well...

> Help!
>
> Adrian

Cheers