[Gllug] vim syntax

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Thu Apr 11 07:15:22 UTC 2002

Hi,

I've written my own syntax file for some custom configuration files we have
here and everything works nicely.  What I want to add however is for vim to
properly continue comments when using gq (or reaching the textwidth limit).
The coments start with a ; and continue to the end of the line.
I don't know if this intelligence is based on syntax rules or something
else but it works OK for c comments.
My syntax line is:
syn region rgxComment start=";" end="$"

Actually, while I'm writing about this, is there a way to get vim to
continue the comment properly (in c/c++) when pressing return in the
comment?  It works OK when I run over the text width limit.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk