[Gllug] FW: Bandwidth watching

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Mon Apr 15 10:04:38 UTC 2002

Then John Hearns wrote:

> I was going to shoot my mouth off here,
> and say 'Oh - you need mrtg/rrdtool plus mayb ntop'
> http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/rrdworld/ntop.html

> But I see what you mean  - per virtual host bandwith measurement.
> Hmmm...
> Quickly looking at the ntop writeups, this should be possible.
> I think - or maybe I'm just raving.
> Have a look at ntop, and iptraf also.

I think that has been recently discussed on the Cobalt users lists (I didn't
read that thread as I don't charge for bandwidth use so I don't know if an
answer was provided for name based monitoring which I know has been
something of a Holy Grail for some hosting companies.)

have a little search through:

I did a brief search for bandwidth monitoring and found a post which also
mentions IPTraf. That may help if you've allocated a separate IP. Otherwise
if you do discover the H.G. please enlighten us.

Kind regards,
Liam Delahunty
Mega Products Limited, 10-11 Moor Street, London W1D 5NF
t: 020 7434 4201/2 f: 0870 135 8412 m: 07941 589 061
http://www.britstream.com/ Hosting/ Domain Names From UKP 7.50 p.a.
http://www.corx.co.uk/ :: Tune In :: Drop Down  :: Game On ::

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk