[Gllug] I do not like this person

Axel Segebrecht axelslists at gardeneden.net
Sun Apr 14 15:15:56 UTC 2002

On Sunday, April 14, 2002, at 01:31 PM, Roger Whittaker wrote:

> It's not about politeness - it's about ends and means.
>
> It depends what you're trying to achieve.  If you want to mae yourself
> feel better: say or do whatever makes you feel better.  If you actually
> want this journalist to learn more about Linux and to write about Linux
> in
> future with more knowledge and sympathy, then, with respect, I think
> your
> tone wasn't quite right.

Yes, I wanted to air my opinion and I think my tone was sharp and
concise as
my tone can be on a Sunday morning.

Of course I want this person to write with more knowledge and sympathy
and I
think that my message may have affected her in two ways:

1.) She realises that there are people who disagree with her
2.) She notices her mistakes and learns from it

There are serveral ways of to skin a cat, I just choose this one and
please
bear in mind that (a) I'm German and (b) I had a few glasses to drink.

Axel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk