[Gllug] HTTP redirects failing

Simon Wilcox simonw at simonwilcox.co.uk
Mon Apr 15 15:56:34 UTC 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 tet at accucard.com wrote:

> I've got a site that uses a simple redirect front page:

[snip]

> PS. Please don't suggest using mod_rewrite instead. The server in question
>     already hosts several other domains, and mod_rewrite isn't installed.
>     Risking other live sites by putting in a newly compiled version of
>     Apache with the appropriate modules isn't an option right now. It's
>     planned as part of our migration to 2.0, though...

Have you thought about the Redirect config option ? It's part of mod_alias
which you probablu do have installed.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect

Simon.

--
"Men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from
 Alpha Centauri were _real_ small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk