[Gllug] DNS - identifying primary nameserver

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Wed Apr 10 12:37:32 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 12:28, Paul Brazier wrote:
> Slightly OT but is there a way of telling which DNS server is the
> primary/master for a zone and which ones are the secondary/slaves?
> (assuming I don't have access to the /etc/named.conf)

You are of course assuming that there is a 'master' :)

Anyway from the outside there is no way to determine whether the zone
being served is directly from an authoriative file (edited by hand /
script / whatever) or a file which has been generated from an axfr.

Just curious why on earth do you need to know?

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk