[Gllug] ADSL Connection

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Aug 8 09:39:32 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 22:40, Ian Baillie wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I will be moving soon and when I get settled, I would like to have a
> high speed internet connection.  I was thinking of ADSL self install
> from Plusnet.
>
> I recall that someone recommended this once, as a good solution offering
> a static IP address.

Personally, when I move (soon) I'll be likely to use Zen Internet. (Or
possibly The Register, if they handle similar setups at similar prices).

This'll give me 8 IP address (No NAT, and NAT is horrible).

I'll use USB, simply because I've already got the setup required to
handle it, and moreover, that way I'm relying on technology I
understand.

In addition, it's cheaper.

YMMV.

Dave.