[Gllug] Linux + Dell Latitude CD-RW or DVD/CD-RW

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Tue Aug 20 20:25:13 UTC 2002

I'd be surprised if it didn't work, I thought all these
things were standard nowadays.

Tushar

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 05:27:28PM +0000, Dale Gallagher wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone out there successfully use a Dell Latitude notebook
> with a CD-RW or DVD/CD-RW media-bay drive?  I'm looking at
> getting either, but need to know before forking out the cash.
> Please send any info - thanks!
>
> Here are the DELL part details:
>
> 8X CD-RW Drive Media Bay Module for Latitude C Series
> Manufacturer Dell
> Dell Part # IGOSKU-429-10133
> Manufacturer # EMF4F533
>
> DVD 8X / CD-RW 8X Combo Drive Media Bay Module + Decoder SW for
> Latitude
> Manufacturer Dell
> Dell Part # IGOSKU-429-10518
> Manufacturer # EMF8K483
>
> Thanks
> Dale
>
> --
> Dale Gallagher
> +44 (0)795 733 5172
>
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk