[Gllug] Missing children from Soham

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Aug 14 16:45:40 UTC 2002

Gordon Joly(gordon.joly at pobox.com)@Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 02:21:38PM +0100:

> >this tactic of making people appear guilty of something just by
> >disagreement over snooping powers makes me increasingly worried.
>
> Sure thing. That's why we should guard our privacy with strength.
>
> I suggest 128 bit...

that may be fine, up till the point that encryption is made illegal.  or
if they don't get that far, making people believe that those who use
encryption, only do so because they have something to hide.  and are
therefore probably guilty of something, so we may as-well treat them like
convicted criminals.

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Does the noise in my head bother you?