[Gllug] OT computers in the movies

Matt Amos matt.amos at ic.ac.uk
Wed Aug 28 17:10:17 UTC 2002

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 06:05:25AM -0700, John Davies wrote:
> I believe that this wasn't a mockup, but was actually
> shipped as part of IRIX:
> http://www.sgi.com/fun/freeware/3d_navigator.html

yeah, out of interest i ported it to linux, but now i cant find the
code... it was all very simple anyway, its GLUT based, so its 99% platform
independant.

> > > What, you mean you DON'T program by moving 3d
> > images around on 5 different
> > > screens? Sheesh ;)

no, thats how i catch murderers before they commit the murders ;)

does anyone remember the "fight scene" at the end of hackers? the big
screen/mainframe with worms as real snakes and "rabbits" multiplying in
the "core memory". still gives me joke, even now.

cya,

matt

--
"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is
a very comforting thought - particularly for people who cannot remember

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk