[Gllug] Mahogany email client

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Sat Aug 24 23:50:56 UTC 2002

> Use a Palm and export your data from Outlook and then import it into
> Linux.

Hi, thanks good tip, I don't have a Palm unfortunately and can't think
of anyone I know that uses one that would lend it to me for the task.  I
found a VB script to export the contacts to LDIF (I think that's right
LDAP file), it was done for outlook 2000 and I'm using 98.  I get an
error message running it and haven't had time to sort it out, it's been
a year since I had anything to do with VB in outlook forms so might take
me a while to figure it out.  There is a freeware programme called Dawn
that does conversions but I get an error message exporting.  There is
also some commercial software for £20 but I keep thinking for a one time
use that's a bit much, then for the time it will take me to get the VB
script to work it maybe worth it.

> Hope it helps, I use Mutt BTW it is one of those things that
yes thank you.  Have played with Mutt and like the things I have read
that can be done with it like inserting the correct from address by who
the message was sent to.  I just find it takes me too long to get up to
speed with these things, I'm spending too much time reading/learning at
the moment and not enough being productive.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk