[Gllug] OT Scanners

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Aug 13 12:21:00 UTC 2002

>The interface can be parallel, SCSI, USB or magic as long as it works
>with Linux (and preferably the Gimp). I have a SCSI card that I don't
>currently use that has an external connector about 30 x 5 mm and I
>think the chipset is 'NCR 53c801 (written on o ne of the chips) but I
>don;t know any more about it than that. Any suggestions?

My only suggestion is to go with SCSI -- you won't regret it (and yes,
your controller is well supported by Linux). In terms of specific models,
I'm unable to recommend my Epson GT9000 highly enough, but I think you
may struggle to find one now. Epson now class SCSI scanners as high end
corporate devices, so your only options with their current range are the
GT10000 and GT30000, which are both probably out of your budget range.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk