[Gllug] Plank Drivers

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Wed Aug 7 14:29:26 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 16:07, John Southern wrote:
> Silent Wings
> http://home.online.no/~tseval/sw/

Wow!

I note
"take off by aero tow or winch tow and fly cross-country flights using
thermal updrafts, ridge winds or wave lift as means of staying aloft."

I would imagine that they're not doing any realistic physics for
thermals and things. At a wild guess I would think a 'thermal' would be
simulated by a circular area where the aircraft is given a constant
lift.
I would say that putting in any realistic physics for these things would
be non-trivial.
(Non-trivial is the sort of smarmy word that physicists use).

Anyone know for sure????

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk