[Gllug] Icewm

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Aug 23 17:43:05 UTC 2002

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 05:44:37PM +0100, itsbruce at uklinux.net wrote:

> > > I refer you to the venerable fvwm2... 1.8MB on my dual headed display.
> > > Less on a lower resolution single headed system like a laptop.
> >
> > Aye, that's nice. WindowMaker used to be a favourite, but Blackbox is
> > quite nice too.
>
> The Blackbox pager works in Window Maker, which is handy.  Well, it does
> if WM has KDE hints support compiled in, which is the default for most
> pre-rolled binaries.

Bah! A pox on WindowMaker's "KDE hints"! Why? Because they're only for
KDE 1. GNOME 1.something-or-another and KDE 2+ share a common hinting
scheme, which I've not seen implemented properly. I've slowly become
used to KWM, but only because I have to.

When I have the time, it might be worthwhile, strapping in support for
the shared hints to windowmaker. So that'll be in about 40 years time
then.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same." -- Oscar Wilde

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk