[Gllug] Nuclear Bunker (OT)

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Mon Aug 12 14:50:43 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 14:54, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Mon 12 Aug, Ian made the following spurious claims:
>
> > Unless 802.11 can get us net connections 35 miles from a populated area
> > i sadly doubt it :-/
>
> With high-gain, pigeon-roaster antennas and a repeater in the middle,
> it's possible.  If you can find someone with ADSL nearish, you could
> get it happening
As I recall, there is a lovely big antenna mast on top.
But that's leased by Orange :-(

There's also an absolutely huge antenna mast nearby.
but interfere with that one and MI5 will be paying you a visit...
It is part of the Government radio comms backbone.
Just look for Kelvedon Hatch on streetmap.co.uk and look at the
two antennas.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk