[Gllug] OT computers in the movies

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Wed Aug 28 14:44:33 UTC 2002

* Mike Brodbelt <mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk> spake thus:
> On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 11:49, SteveC wrote:
> >
> > Anyone have better examples of computer fantasy at the movies? I know
> > MacOS made it into Independance Day right? Windows has been in lots of
> > films but what about Linux? :-)
>
> Not sure about Linux, but there was a great scene in "The Net" where
> Sandra Bullock tracks down the villains IP address, and the last octet
> is three hundred and something....

Yeah. I lost many hairs over that one :P

You would think that they would check their facts just a bit... Or did
they use a completely invalid address on purpose (the same way they use
555 as the area code for all phone numbers) so they would not risk
getting in any kind of legal trouble?

Stig

--
brautaset.org