[Gllug] Library help

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Thu Aug 15 16:41:50 UTC 2002

And verily, didst Jean Messerlin announce to the hordes:

> Quoting Matthew Thompson <matt at actuality.co.uk>:
> > I'm now getting a "Kernel panic - No init found. Try passing init=
> > option to kernel." error and I tink that it's to do with the libraries
> > not being on the disk.
> >
> What about /sbin/init? The kernel can't load it.

Common causes for that is...
No way for the kernel to read the root partition.
(either the driver for the controller the disk's on wasn't loaded, the root
partition was misassigned in lilo/grub, or the actual filesystem driver
couldn't be found.)

Solution: for 1 and 3, make a new initrd
          for 2, edit lilo/grub and assign the correct partition.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk