[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Aug 7 09:53:06 UTC 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 11:55:21PM +0100, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 23:35, Mark Preston wrote:
> >
> > Re:-
> > >'Stand on top of hill in a thunderstorm, dressed in copper armour and
> > >yelling "All gods are bastards?"' perhaps?
> > --Simon Stewart Dated: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:07:59 +0100
> >
> > On a theoretical level should it not be safer to wear copper armour in a
> > thunderstorm than ordinary clothes?
>
> Indeed. Even on a practical level, some electrical workers wear chain
> mesh suits to allow the to work on high voltage kit with impunity. Of
> course there's a hell of lot of power in a lightning bolt, so you might
> get toasted even with copper armour on....

It was in quote marks for a reason, but you're probably right. Of
course, if you're asking for a bolt from the heavens to strike you
down, I believe that standard models of electrical behaviour won't
necessarily apply (*ends weaseling out of it*)

*ahem*

I'll get my coat

Cheers,

Simon

--
<Masque> It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
<purl> Then it's a sport!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk