[Gllug] Odd phone calls

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Wed Aug 28 19:29:09 UTC 2002

> +6692023583 and +6617516538 (Thailand international codes)
> claiming to be in
> Beijing asking me whether I am interested in investing in
> stocks and shares.
> (Answer NO.) Is everyone getting this sort of thing?

I did hear of a scam when I was back home of companies calling people in
other countries and selling investments.  I think it they sell rubbish
stocks for large fees or rip you off somehow, since you are not in the
originating country of the company that sold them they aren't bound by
any law to be taken to court.  It works something like that anyway,
something to do with the selling to people outside of their country I
think.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk