[Gllug] MS file format incompatibilities

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Mon Aug 12 14:32:41 UTC 2002

I just had to share this one...

A colleague came to me in a panic, because he couldn't read an Excel
file. Whenever he opened it up, Excel just barfed, both with Office
2K and Office XP. The wonderful irony is that it loaded perfectly in
Gnumeric, and I was able to save it to another file in Excel 95 format
so that Excel 2000 and Excel XP could read it.

So much for the claims that Linux will never succeed on the desktop
because of file format incompatibilities :-) It seems there is a God
after all. Hail Loki!

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk