[Gllug] What is a BLOG

Colin Murphy SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 11 16:25:40 UTC 2002

On Sunday 11 August 2002 2:22 pm, Alain Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have seen this word appear recently, often in an IT/Web context
> but have no idea what it means.
>
> Can someone please put me out of my misery.

Short, I believe, for web log.  Think of them as on line personal diaries
(not of the appointment type, more of the John Boy Walton type).

Some are funny, some are sad, a lot of them seem to be part of the 'care in
the community' initiative.

Finding the good ones seems to be the real challenge.

--
Colin Murphy
SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk