[Gllug] getting exim to call spamassassin

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Fri Aug 30 15:45:33 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 04:21, Pavel Bradut Boghita wrote:
> I have been working all night to set up spamassassin to work with my mail
> system. I am getting there but I am not through yet.
>
> I got exim to work with kmail ok, I now need to get exim to call spamassassin

Calling spamassassin from exim3.x was a pain, wrapper scripts and all
that, we're currently using exim4 for the scanning box which is calling
spamc directly and piping the return data back into exim.  There's a
site out there with all the details and documents.

> when mail is received, so that spam can be labelled accordingly and then
> kmail can apply its filter. That's the scenario I am trying to implement.

Why not just let procmail (filtering tool of choice) do the work of
calling spamc/spamd and filtering spamtagged mail elsewhere?

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk