[Gllug] Hardware recommendation, esp. SANs and shared storage

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Fri Aug 9 08:13:30 UTC 2002

>The DRAC boards in Dells require a windows client (I have a serial
>cable I've been meaning to try) and the PCWeasel cards just don't
>work well enough to be practical. Any idea what support compaq have?

You can get an optional Remote Insight Management board, as an extortionate
optional extra, which is pretty comparable to the Dell's DRAC board, as far
as I can tell. Both miss the point entirely. All I want it is a proper serial
console. I shouldn't need an extra card, drivers and windows software for
that :-(

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk