[Gllug] Cheep backup solution

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu Aug 22 11:09:54 UTC 2002

>A friend did mention DVDs, although he was talking about the older
>version of the writable disks (I can't remember all the different
>standards) as they were cheep now because production is stopping.

I've got a SCSI DVD-RAM drive that I used to use for backups. It's
now died as a writing device, and only works read-only :-( I've been
resisting replacing it until the market settles on a standard for
DVD writing, which I suspect isn't going to be DVD-RAM... For that
reason, you may be able to find cheap DVD-RAM drives and media, but
is it really worth buying into a dying media?

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk