[Gllug] OT: Scanners

Ian bredroll at atari.org
Sat Aug 17 14:40:25 UTC 2002

if your scanned image dimensions are in inches, then the actual
image size (pixel) produced will be 'width x dpi' and 'height x dpi'

so if you want somthing to scan u a pic that is 200 pix wide, and is
actually 3 inches wide, then the dpi you want is 200 / 3 = 66dpi,

dpi does mean the 'quality' of the image captured, ie, its means 'dots
per inch'

for every unit of dpi, when your scanner scans somthing that is one inch
wide or tall it will produce a pic that many pixels wide or tall,

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk