[Gllug] adding a network card to a linux machine

Philippe Rousselot linux at rousselot.org
Tue Aug 27 23:25:38 UTC 2002

Hi,

I have a machine running mandrake SNF

My ethernet PCI card has been recognised without any problem and I am
connected to the outside world

my second card is an ISA card a 3COM 3c509b and has not been recognized
during the install.(I know that the card works fine as my first install
was done with a regular linux distro and with only this card)

Md SNF runs at level 3

What are the files that I have to modify in order to be able to connect
another computer to this firewall throught the ISA card ? and how do I
modify them ?

thanks in advance
--
Philippe Rousselot.

utilisateur GNU/Linux #275608

Any similarities to real life is completely fictitious.
Nor trees or animals were harmed in the composition of this email message.
However, a number of electrons were moderately inconvenienced.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk