[Gllug] OT computers in the movies

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 23:17:17 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 10:59:20AM +0100, Stephen Harker wrote:
> On Thursday 29 August 2002 9:13 am, Tethys wrote:
> >
> > Ho hum. There's no accounting for taste, I guess. Apparently I'm in
> > a minority around here, but I quite liked the film...
> >
> > Tet
> Its entirely possible I would have liked the movie a lot more if I hadn't read
> the book first! It just wasn't at all what I expected and I guess I was just
> dissapointed. :-)
> Mind you, I don't think thats an entirely uncommon phenomenon, "Lord of the
> Rings" being an exception to this normal state of affairs.
> Steve

well i watched the first film and then read the books, and now i am very glad
that i have done so.. I don't think the films are necessarily all that
disappointing as you have to realise something had to give if not each movie
would be about 8 hours long... although dropping Tom Bombardil was a shame,
although of course when i watched the film i didn't know of him but then thats
what made the books great too....

gah,, i want my cake and to eat it too now!

Adam
--
"Step away from the Cathedral, This Bazaar is loaded"
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk