[Gllug] Logging into an NT Domain

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Thu Aug 29 16:04:08 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:47:51PM +0100, Davies Sue wrote:

> I've used Samba to provide file and print services to windows machines
> before but I've never had to do
> it the other way round. I've spent some time searching the web for an answer
> but so far I'm not doing

Winbind, part of the samba suite may do what you require.  It is a
nsswitch/pam implementation.

http://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/appliance/winbind.pdf
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#WINBIND

I found some irritations in some programs with the wins resolution of
the nsswitch module (nmap for example), but this may have changed.

There are some other PAM modules which do this as well, but I know
winbind is fairly current.

HTH

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk