[Gllug] Serial console (again)

Martin Stevens budgester at budgester.com
Tue Aug 20 17:44:22 UTC 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 05:35:34PM +0200, John Hearns wrote:
> A little while ago, we had a thread on serial consoles,
> and the lack of support on i386 ssytems for 'real'
> serial consoles.
>
> This just in from the Linuxbios list.
> I want one. PLEESE. Mummy, I want one.
> If I'm good will Santa bring me one?

While we are back on the subject of serial consoles, i've just
had a second cisco router delivered a 2503 (from ebay) so I plug
in the console cable openup minicom and boot it, and what did I
see ?

uClinux booting up.

Oh this linux thing really is like a virus, all these geeks just
installing it on random kit, I mean where will it end up next ?

Government computers ?
Banks ?
Watches ?
PDAs ?

I suppose these geeks are after World domination or something.

Well I'll show them, I'm gonna load Windows XP onto this router just to
show them.

Budge (In need of a damn good beer)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk