[Gllug] Odd phone calls

Anthony Chapman anth at earthling.net
Fri Aug 30 19:51:50 UTC 2002

Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:06:45 +0100
From: Tethys <tet at accucard.com>

> Even this is starting to change. Our legal department informs me that
> there is now an email preference service, the same as the phone preference
> service that has been around for a while. You register with them to say
> you don't want spam. If a UK based marketer subsequently spams you, they'll
> get hit with a hefty fine. I'm trying to find out more details now...

I assume one of the details you're trying to find out is what precautions there are against overseas based spammers getting hold of that list. I guess it won't be anonymously downloadable, but the local marketers have to be able to get hold of it, and all it takes is for one of them to spot an extra revenue source.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk