[Gllug] Hardware recommendation, esp. SANs and shared storage

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Fri Aug 9 11:51:59 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 13:37, Simon Trimmer wrote:

> Yep! Some BIOSes have serial console redirection but that doesn't go far
> enough for me...
The systems I'm working with now have serial redirection, using a
Phoenix BIOS. If anyone is at all interested I can make some tests as to
what it can and can't do.

the ideal would have it's own network port (running character
> and web interfaces), change BIOS nvram settings on a running system for the
> next reboot, POST code retrieval, read the hardware log and reset the box.
>
> The weasel card is almost there (serial rather than network), but it just
> doesn't work for me :(
Hmmmm... you need to invest in my handy-dandy wireless console server.
Sick thought - anyone know if there are multiple serial port boards
on PCMCIA?
Oh lord, there is
http://www.quatech.com/shopquatech/products/prod343.asp

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk