[Gllug] Cheep backup solution

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Aug 21 14:14:14 UTC 2002

So on this note, is there some alternative to ridicously expensive DAT
drives for backup?  From what I've seen, you have two options:

1) Really expensive drive, (relatively) cheap media.
2) Cheap drive, expensive media.

Now I know if it were my business, I'd be using 1), but for my home
stuff I still don't want to lose all my emails and other data.

So what's the alternative?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

What a country calls its vital economic interests are not
the things which enable its citizens to live, but the
things which enable it to make war.

- Simone Weil

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk