[Gllug] 3com cards

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Sat Aug 31 10:09:01 UTC 2002

Sorry I didn't reply to this originally I thought there was enough
information in the other replies to get it working.  I have 2 3c509 ISA
combo cards working in my smoothwall ADSL router no problems, I have a
lot of these cards and use them in most of my boxes.  Let me know if you
still want help setting it up in another box.  I have found the secret
to these is using the 3com config program to set the IRQ and I/O address
manually on the card. Then telling Linux the IRQ/IO to use when loading
the 3c509? module.  Actually thinking about it smoothwall isn't a good
example for setting them up as it has a GUI for the IRQ/IO from what I
remember, was a year ago when I set it up and it's happily doing it's
job.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk