[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Aug 6 15:29:23 UTC 2002

>>'Stand on top of hill in a thunderstorm, dressed in copper armour and
>>yelling "All gods are bastards?"' perhaps?
>>
>Ooooh much more exciting - my first helicopter flying lesson this
>evening. :-))))))

Obviously time to add a sobering thought to the conversation... unlike
a plane, a helicopter has no aerodynamic properties whatsoever unless
the rotors are moving. So if your engine seizes in a plane, you have
a hope of gliding to the ground in relative safety. If it seizes in a
helicopter[1], you're going to start plummeting.

[1] To be pedantic, if it seizes *and* you can't disengage the rotors.
Rare, I admit, but nonetheless... Enjoy your lesson :-)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk