[Gllug] OT computers in the movies

Dave van Zijl dave at applicado.com
Wed Aug 28 12:06:31 UTC 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Jonathan Harker wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 August 2002 11:49 am, SteveC wrote:
> > Anyone have better examples of computer fantasy at the movies? I know
> > MacOS made it into Independance Day right? Windows has been in lots of
> > films but what about Linux? :-)
>
> The silliest use of computer stuff in movies I've seen has to be Swordfish...
> what a crock!

What, you mean you DON'T program by moving 3d images around on 5 different
screens? Sheesh ;)

Personally I'm looking forward to the day when I can travel around
networks and servers as if they were alien landscapes (think lawnmower
man) heheh
That Doom interface where you could actually shoot processes was
pretty neat but I never tried to install it

Dave

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk