[Gllug] Innovations and secure servers?

Daniel Andersson daniel at septum.org
Fri Aug 9 10:29:09 UTC 2002

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Allen Wayne wrote:
>
> > <FORM ACTION='save.php' METHOD='post' NAME='surveyform' onSubmit=''>
>
> Well that's not secure. As Daniel pointed out they only claim secure for
> storage however given that they are not taking care of the data in
> transmission I don't think I'd trust them on that claim.

why not?

i mean, how big are the risks that someone is SNIFFING their network?
as far as i've understood that's ONLY way to get the information
okay, sure, it can be stored on some webproxy/cache somewhere, but why would
anyone want your information?

if it was credit card or bank stuff, then i'd understand

but your opinions?
what would someone do, send an email to you saying "I know what you think"?
;o)

(no, not intended as flame, if someone thought so)

my 2p

/ d

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk