[Gllug] OT computers in the movies

Pavel Bradut Boghita bradut at freeuk.com
Wed Aug 28 11:59:35 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 12:45 pm, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 August 2002 11:49 am, SteveC wrote:
> > Anyone have better examples of computer fantasy at the movies? I know
> > MacOS made it into Independance Day right? Windows has been in lots of
> > films but what about Linux? :-)
>
> The silliest use of computer stuff in movies I've seen has to be
> Swordfish... what a crock!
>
> Jon

I remember a scene from a polish film Dekalog - I can't remember which
episode - when a father was relying on his computer to predict whether the
lake will froze or not, so whether it was safe for his kid to go and play on
it or not. He didn't seem to be running windows.
It's a quite a sad movie though.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk