[Gllug] Argos site

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Aug 1 11:24:54 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 11:19:05AM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> >I've asked about the office to try and get some information about
> >_why_ it sucks so mightily. Currently, the reason appears to be that
> >the client only mandated that the site should work on IE.
>
> Fine. But nothing in that mandate gives a reason to design an IE
> *only* site. A corss platform site will, by definition, work in
> IE, thus satisfying the customer's environment. But I don't need
> to be telling you that. I need to be telling your support people...

I am the support people too :) It's the designers who need telling,
and I'm telling them. Better, I forward relevant support emails to
suitable people. AFAIK, the Odean site was done more than a year ago:
Mozilla was only a blip on the horizon, and IE was the dominant
platform. I've not tested the site with NS4.x personally, but I'd be
surprised if it doesn't work. It's not an excuse, I know.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Ever notice how irons have a setting for PERMANENT press? I don't get
it..." --- Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk